Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Few Random Thoughts on The Wrestler, the future Mrs. JJY, possibly the worst way to die, etc



I can't believe Bruce Springsteen's, "The Wrestler" wasn't nominated for an Oscar. It was the best film song of the year. Period. And the lyrics are fabulous. I stayed through the end credits just to listen to them.
And then you hear about how the song was written, and the long, albeit fragmented (and now much publicized), friendship Springsteen and Rourke have shared, and it becomes that much more special:
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/39544
I found the rest of the interview to be worth a read as well.


Just thought I'd also mention, that I'm going to date her next.
And when things inevitably fall through due to the 15 year age difference, I'm going to marry this one.

Without giving too much away about the fate suffered by this poor 14-yr-old boy, I will say that it involved his rectum, and the chair he was sitting on. As always, beware of Chinese manufacturing.

And from now on, may I suggest sitting on one of these. Not only does it strengthen your core and improve your posture, but it also won't anally violate you.

2 comments:

  1. man, I'd fight you for Natalie. I've been stalking her. For a long long time

    ReplyDelete